Friday, June 6, 2014

THiS LITTLE PIGGIE WENT TO MARKET


Not all my grocery shopping takes place at the grocery store. Sometimes, I find some really great deals at the national drug store chains.

Every week, I scour the ads of Walgreens, CVS and Rite-Aid to see what food and grocery items they are offering as sale items for the week.

About every 6 – 8 weeks, Walgreens is good for an egg sale. A good sale on eggs these days seems to be $1.29/dozen but a great sale on eggs at Walgreens is 99 cents/dozen!

One particular week, Walgreens was selling Butterball Turkey Bacon, the 16 slice size for $1.49. When I checked my coupons, there was one for 65 cents!

Yes, my package of bacon cost 88 cents with tax!

For dietary reasons, I carefully dole out when I use those 16 slices of bacon. Bacon waffles? Layered atop a meatloaf? BLT wraps! That purchase was a deal for both price and flavor! With the price of pork bacon, turkey bacon is a gobble-worthy substitute!

SOUND THE BUGLE! Today’s tip: When I think of bacon, I also think of eggs. Did you know you can freeze eggs? You can freeze egg whites, egg yolks, the whole egg and hard-boiled eggs. Instructions can be found on the internet. Stock up and freeze!
 

2 comments:

  1. CVS will sell Bumble Bee Solid White Tuna in water for .99, occasionally .88. My pantry is filled with tuna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tip, anonymous! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete