Monday, June 16, 2014

THE MEGA MEASURING CUP

One of my favorite kitchen investments and most frequently used kitchen utensils was the purchase of my 8-cup measuring cup.

Back when Tupperware parties were the fabric of a housewife’s social life, I bought one. It’s a very versatile item and I’ve never regretted the (expensive) purchase.

First, I like it because it is plastic and lightweight compared to a similar 8-cup measuring cup that I have which is glass. I have some stainless steels mixing bowls but that requires using and washing the measuring cups and then the mixing bowls. I like one-bowl food preparation.

This measuring cup is large enough to do both, measure then mix. With markings on the front of the cup, I can measure in cups or in pints.

Making pizza dough? It a great one-bowl utensil to mix and rest the dough for it rise and double in size.

With a spout at the top of the rim, it is outfitted for pouring into muffin and cupcake pans or for pancakes and waffles.

Using this instead of a mixing bowl limits spills and clean–ups. Less clean-up is a bonus feature when using my mega measuring cup because I like to be as frugal with my time as I am with money!

SOUND THE BUGLE! Today’s tip: Yard sales, flea markets, and Goodwill Industries are some of my favorite places to find “old timey” treasures at great prices!
 

1 comment:

  1. I thought every kitchen came equipped with this measuring cup. I use mine all the time.

    ReplyDelete