Saturday, May 17, 2014

A BOW TIE AFFAIR

Summer holiday season is just around the corner and it will soon be time to take out the bow ties.

Elbows will be bumped as my hands rearrange the boxes. Winter boxes will be moved to the back and summer time boxes to the front.

I keep my bow ties in boxes. For variety, I have two sizes. Regular sized bow ties and minis. Each style is fragile; they have to be handled with care to avoid crushing them.

Mother’s Little Middle Helper is a bow tie fan too. If there is a good sale on bow ties, I keep her in mind. She is busy these days with work and her own Mother’s Little Helper. It’s just a matter of time before he is introduced to bow ties as well.

My favorite summer dish is a bow tie salad with raspberry vinaigrette to accompany a grilled meat.

Wait….we are talking about pasta, aren’t we? Orzo I thought!

SOUND THE BUGLE! Today’s tip: Pasta salads are a great way to use up leftover vegetables. The transformation into a new dish is not only delicious but appealing to the eye with the bounty of colors incorporated into the bowl. As a side dish or the main entrĂ©e, cool pasta salads are a great meal on a hot summer night.
                                 LEFTOVER MIXED BEANS and CARROTS FOR PASTA SALAD
 

No comments:

Post a Comment