Friday, October 31, 2014

WHAT IS IN YOUR WALLET?

There is a credit card company with a celebrity spokesperson inquiring, “What is in your wallet”?

For the past three months, it has been cash.

What I’ve discovered over the course of these months is that I am doing a much better job at budgeting using old fashioned, paper money.

In September and now in October, I have been able to slice $10 off my budget by using cash.

I did fall into a fantastic sale on 10 lbs of chicken quarters which fed us for an entire week, and then some! There are gallons of stock ready for a variety of homemade soups. With summer vegetables in the freezer and fall vegetables such as butternut squash, it will be a hard decision on what types of soups to make for dinner.

Another coupe was my success in stockpiling store and manufacturer coupons at my local grocery store and Dollar Tree, catching some needed pantry items while on sale. Straight up, my bill would have been $15.07 without coupons and paying full price.

My final price was $4.50.

What is in my wallet…is cash savings!

SOUND THE BULGE! Today’s tip: I often hear “my family won’t eat any part of the chicken but the breasts”. Families are spending $1.99 - $3.99/lb on chicken breasts. The chicken quarters are more economical part of the chicken. Pre-cook chicken quarters and remove the meat from the bones. Use the cooked dark meat in your “Master of Disguise” meals. I can’t think of any other protein that I can buy for .49 - .69/lb during these times of high meat prices. Then re-use the bones for stock. Now that's a twist on "buy one, get one free".
 
                                                    MY PRICE $4.50
                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment