Sunday, October 19, 2014

LOAFING AROUND

If given the opportunity to do nothing, I wouldn’t know what to do. I suppose that’s a casualty of being “Type A” personality.

Looking back at my youth, a collection of blankets were crocheted while watching television. Before there was a term called “multi-tasking”, juggling more than one task at the same time was my forte.

In my first career as a nurse, these skills were put to the test. One nurse, more than a dozen patients, only 8 hours to get 10 hours of work done.

Motherhood came along. Once you go beyond two Mother’s Little Helpers, you are just outnumbered. There are not enough arms to accommodate three little helpers.

With an encore career in higher education, I discovered how to merge my nursing career [where the job can’t get done in 8 hours] and motherhood [not having enough arms to accommodate what needs to be done] into one job.

No, there isn’t much loafing around in my life but I wouldn’t have had it any other way!

SOUND THE BUGLE! Today’s tip: After defrosting ground chuck for slider sandwiches for lunch one day, I set aside enough ground chuck to form a meatloaf for dinner the following week. I have two forms of presenting meatloaf. One is the traditional loaf form and the other is formed in a muffin tin. Using a muffin pan will reduce your cooking time from one hour to 20 minutes saving you time to loaf around!
                                          INDIVIDUAL MINI MEAT LOAF

 
 
BACON WRAPPED MEATLOAF


 

No comments:

Post a Comment